- Time/Place: Sunday/Tuesday 8:30-10:00 B9-Room 3135
- Required textbook: Computer Networking: A Top-down approach, J. Kurose and K. Ross, 6th edition, 2013
- Reference Materials: Andrew S. Tanenbaum, (4th edition) (2002) “Computer Networks”, Prentice Hall and Research papers.
- Course description: The course aims to train students in conducting major research in relevant aspects of wireless networks. In particular, green wireless technologies,
standards, and protocols for various communication technologies such as cellular networks, packet switched networks, cloud communication, cooperative wireless networks. Also, students will tackle topics on wireless routing, PHY-layer, and MAC-layer.
- prerequisites: Solid computer networks background, excellent skills in C/C++, NS-2 and 3, and Linux kernel programming.
Student must obtain the passing grade (70%) in each task and the final project to pass the course.
The course will include a major research project component that requires performing several paper reviews, presentations, and implementation.
- Class participation (attendance, presentation, paper reviews, and interaction in discussions): 20%
- Midterm Project : 20%
- Homework: 30%
- Final Project: 30%
- Homework policy: all assignments, including contributions to discussion, submitted by students in the course of this class should be work written by themselves specifically for this class. Students must clearly cite and reference each and every source that was used in their development. Where students use the actual words of a source, they must put those words inside quotation marks.
|29/08||Introduction to the Class|
|Network & Performance Measurement||
|07/09||Assignment 1: Due Date: 21/09||Assignment 1|
Transport Layer & Congestion Control
|Green Networking||Research Material|
|21/09||Assignment 1 Results||Present 5-8 slides on the assignment results|
|21/09||Assignment 2: Due date 05/10||Assignment 2|
|Software-Defined Networks||Research Material|
|05/10||Assignment 2 Results||Present 5-8 slides on the assignment results|
|05/10||Assignment 3: Due 19/10||Assignment 3|
|Optical Networks||Tutorial [PDF]|
|19/10||Assignment 3 Results||Present 5-8 slides on the assignment results|
|26/10||Midterm Exam||Sample [PDF]|
|07/11||Cloud Infrastructure I||
|09/11||Final Project Proposals|
|14/11||Cloud Infrastructure II||
|23/11||Cloud Transport I||
|28/11||Cloud Transport II||
|30/11||Optical Data Center Networks I||
|07/12||Final Project Presentation|